Thursday, 29 November 2007

Word Of Mouth

Just a brief note to tell you that, as of today, I've become a contributor to Word Of Mouth, the food blog of The Guardian/Observer newspaper group. Many thanks to Susan Smillie for inviting me to join this widely-read and well-respected blogging team. I'm honoured.

To open my account, I've written about my decision to come to Barcelona to train at Comerç 24, how it felt last week when we were awarded our first Michelin star and why Europe, Spain in particular, has done badly in this year's awards at the expense of the US and Japan. It's a new experience for me to write in a commercial environment - I have to worry about such things as deadlines and copyright that never really bothered me too much in the past. Working long shifts here in the restaurant I won't be able to contribute a huge amount, but I'll try to write something when I can. But never at the expense of this blog.

7 comments:

Sarah-82 said...

ooo I look forward to reading your contributions on Word of Mouth. A great addition to an passionate and talented team!congratulations!

Chennette said...

congratulations! it's funny when the blogs I frequent start to overlap somewhat ;-)czzz

Trig said...

Sarah & Chennette - It all came about because I met Susan Smillie, the editor of Word of Mouth, on a gastro tour of Borough Market quite a while back. She'd been following my blog since and emailed me about contributing to the blog a week or so ago. I've been thinking about maybe contributing once every few weeks, that way the extra commitment won't really impose on my own blog plus I'll have a bit of extra cash to play with which always helps.

noodlepie said...

Good to see you on Word of Mouth Trig, hope you enjoy it. As Guardian blogs go, it's incredibly civil - none of your Commentisfree rabid froth in the comments box :) Look forward to reading more.

Trig said...

Thanks Graham - I'm looking forward to posting more but it's not easy to find the time. You may be right about the civil comments, but Jay Rayner seems to be trying to whip it up a bit. I'll write something about texturas soon, explaining how he can keep his hot foam from collapsing.

noodlepie said...

:) Thing is Jay writes beautifully and is often hilarious, but when you write a polemic like that the effort it takes to respond kinda outweighs the effort it takes to write the post in the first place. At least, this was a reprint of something he'd done eons ago. But, it does encourage debate which is what it's all about. But getting fisked isn't fun,

http://planetlactose.blogspot.com/2007/11/cheese-and-lactose.html

ros said...

Congratulations. It's great that writing of the quality you produce has been recognised, especially when it has come from such a young writer.


Blog tools

Directory of Food/drink BlogsBritish Blog DirectoryChefs BlogsFood & Drink Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog DirectoryBloghubBlogBibThe Foodie ListBlogrankingsBest Of The WebBlogSweetBlog UniverseLink With Us - Web Directory
My ZimbioToday.comFood BuzzAdd to Technorati Favorites