Sunday, 8 July 2007

Coming Soon, To A Bramble Near Me

Just in case anyone doesn't know what these are, I've provided a few recipe links below.

Just some of the masses of blackberries that grow in my garden each summer
Last year they were fully ripened by the middle of July. This year it's been a case of rain, rain and rain since early June, so ripening has been delayed. But they're coming - yum yum!

Marion Blackberry Shortcake
Blackberry Pie
Blackberry Muffins
Apple-Blackberry Dumplings
Blackberry Jam
Blackberry Ice Cream
Bread Pudding with Blackberry Sauce
Blackberry Almond Tart
Watermelon with Blackberry-Balsamic Syrup, Petit Basil & Grana Padano
Blackberry Semifreddo
Blackberry-Thyme Margarita
Blackberry Clafouti

Oh dear - as usual the list is dominated by sweet dessert recipes. I will make amends, though. In a few days I'll post a recipe showing you how to use fruit to make a great sauce for savoury dishes.

1 comment:

ros said...

I used to love picking blackberries by the river when I lived in Leamington but, unsuprisingly, there aren't that many growing wild around Hammersmith!

I kept meaning to try out venison shanks (or maybe duck legs) with blackberries but I haven't got round to it. I look forward to seeing what your recipe is.


Blog tools

Directory of Food/drink BlogsBritish Blog DirectoryChefs BlogsFood & Drink Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog DirectoryBloghubBlogBibThe Foodie ListBlogrankingsBest Of The WebBlogSweetBlog UniverseLink With Us - Web Directory
My ZimbioToday.comFood BuzzAdd to Technorati Favorites